There are many things worth talking about from Shahid Kapoor’s latest cricket flick, Jersey, like the underdog spirit, familial drama, and some memorable grooming moments. The two plot lines of the past and present are highlighted via the actor’s distinct looks. While Kapoor’s younger version sports a long, flowy hairdo with no facial hair, the older character has a shorter, messier haircut with a full beard. In this article, we’ll help you decode both these looks.
We often get makeover inspiration from our favorite celebrities’ changing hairstyles. But it’s not always easy to replicate a particular look. There are many factors that determine whether an on-screen hairstyle will work on you or not, like the length and texture of your hair. Styling, too, plays a huge part. So, we spoke to Vipul Chudasama, Founder & Educator of Vipul Chudasama Academy & Salon, to make sure you get it right. Below, he explains how you can nail each of Shahid Kapoor’s two looks from Jersey.
Look 1: Bro flow with wavy hair
A bro flow is a medium or long length hairstyle which is allowed to take its natural shape without much interference. It gets its name from its shape and appearance, which appears to flow backward. So, if you have naturally wavy hair, this simple and stylish look can be perfect for you.
- Regularly shampoo and condition your hair. Because of its length, in-shower grooming is a must when trying to achieve this look.
- If you have naturally wavy hair, style your bro flow by combing your damp hair backward and allowing it to dry naturally.
- If you don’t have wavy hair, you can opt for a different bro flow style or try to create the look with the aid of some sea salt spray or texturizer.
- If your hair doesn’t sit neatly, try blow-drying your strands back and using a small amount of pomade to secure the style.
Look 2: Messi medium hair with a thick beard
This medium-length messy hairstyle is more on the casual side but has an interesting edge. You can opt for a dishevelled swept-back style or let your hair run free and loose. A thick beard compliments this haircut very well. It’s trendy, it’s masculine, and we get to witness it on Kapoor in its mightiest form.
- The best way to style messy medium hair is to use a medium hold pomade or wax. Run it through dry hair, focusing on adding volume at the roots and scrunching it through the ends.
- Then, you can either let it fall naturally over your forehead or sweep it back for a relaxed quiff.
- Don’t forget to go for regular haircuts. Ask your hairdresser to give you the ‘gents square’ shape.
- To maintain and style the beard, use a gentle beard shampoo and beard moisturizer to keep your facial hair hydrated.
- Trim the beard regularly to keep the shape intact.
More on Grooming